A research instruction session can provide specialized instruction to help your students:
- Reduce library anxiety
- Understand the research process
- Locate books, articles and reputable web sites
- Recognize scholarly vs. popular articles
- Find statistics and government documents
- Prepare for future research needs
To maximize the effectiveness of your research instruction session please prepare for the following:
- Sessions must be requested at least 1 week in advance.
- Assignments must be sent to Maryanne.Mills@westvalley.eduat least 3 days in advance.
- Instructors must attend the session with the students.
- Due to staffing limitations, we cannot provide general orientations; all sessions must be linked to an assignment. Students must have their topics chosen by the orientation time.
- Read the West Valley College Library Policies
- Monday, September 18, 2017
- 10:55am - 12:20pm
- Ranganathan Room
- West Valley College Library
- Research Instruction (Orientations)